– Please return winter gear – especially snowshoes and microspikes – when you are done with it. Those items are high in demand this time of year and we want everyone to be able to use them!
– Update on NOLS: Will is going to meet with Tony Collins this Friday with a quote for sending 10 CUOC members to train with NOLS in 2015. If you are interested, make sure the club knows by keeping up with participation on trips and seeking officer positions.
– Speaking of officer positions, CUOC is going to have elections near the end of January. Try to think of someone who would do well in one of the positions (President, VP, Treasurer, Secretary, lots o’ Chairs) and nominate them when we hold nominations next semester! We have a lot of graduating seniors, so there’ll be plenty of spots opening up.
– Practice your skills for the Spring Break trips! Sign-ups will start next semester, but we want everyone as prepared as can be for climbing and kayaking. And make sure the trip leaders (Will Leith for climbing, Doug Staples for kayaking) know you want to go!
– Early next semester, expert climber and Adirondack Guide Don Miller will be giving a presentation about climbing and everything having to do with it. Look for more information when we get back in January!
– January 18th-20th will be the dates for the 18th Annual Adirondack Mountainfest, happening in Keene Valley. Climbers from all over will be holding presentations and clinics, so keep it in mind if you’re looking to hone your climbing skills this winter.
– Ideas about how to make the club better? Have an awesome trip you want to set up? Let someone in the club know and we’ll see what we can do!
MEETING MVP / BEST DRESSED:
TRIP OF THE WEEK:
Andrew Toman’s and Dave Desmond’s trip to Whiteface and Esther!
TRIPS GOING OUT:
– Kolby (email@example.com) and Catherine will be climbing the Santanoni Range this weekend, probably on Saturday. If you want to go on this hike, you will need to have snowshoes or microspikes, and will need to have some experience with Winter hiking. Contact them if you’ve got all that and are interested.
– On Saturday, Will (firstname.lastname@example.org), Charlie (email@example.com) and probably Austin will be making their way up the north face of Gothics as quickly as they can. They plan to leave around 4 AM, get to the base around 8 AM, and summit the mountain around noon.
– Tyler Arsenault (firstname.lastname@example.org) wants to do stuff this weekend, but his cars don’t work, and he’s too busy solving the world’s problems to fix either of them. So if you want to do stuff too, have a car, and don’t mind putting up with him, send an email his way.
– Looking to climb this weekend? Contact Charlie (email@example.com) or Austin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
– Cocca (email@example.com) will be climbing in the Adirondacks the weekend after finals and invites anyone who wants to join him to send him an email.
– Tyler Arsenault (firstname.lastname@example.org) wants to do a ski/hike/ice climbing trip to Mt. Katahdin in Maine sometime this Winter, probably during February break. Sounds like a good trip! Talk to him for more information.
That’s it, thanks for reading! Good luck on your finals, and have a great break!
Don’t Get Dead!