– Please return snowshoes, microspikes, and other outdoor gear as soon as you’re done with it. Those items are high in demand right now! Peanut (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be holding his regular gear hours this Friday, 3 to 4 PM.
– Clarkson wants all the details about the pre-orientation trips by the end of this month. If you’re looking to lead one, quickly grab a partner, think up a trip, write it up and submit it to either Brett (email@example.com) or our next Vice President. Also remember that you’ll be staying at Clarkson for a week of WFR training at the beginning of the summer and a week for the trip at the end of summer.
– The Clarkson Wellness Fair will be happening on January 28th from 10 AM to 2 PM, and CUOC is looking for one or two more people to help man our booth, even for just an hour. It’s not a stressful job and there’ll be good free food, so if you’re interested just reply to this email.
– Erin (firstname.lastname@example.org) now has the key for climbing gear. If you want to do some climbing in the next few weeks, talk to her.
– Colin (email@example.com) is going to be waxing XC skis this weekend, and you can talk to him about waxing some for yourself or helping out.
– WinterFest is coming up! We’ll have more information to you soon about it, but know that it won’t have any conflicts with ski club trips.
– Sign ups for Spring Break trips start soon – hopefully you’ve talked to the leaders (Will Leith for climbing, Doug Staples for kayaking) about going and have honed your skills!
– Avalanche Beacon sessions may happen at some point this winter. They’re a fun way to get outside, play in the snow, and even prepare yourself for outdoor winter emergencies.
– Ideas about how to make the club better? Have an awesome trip you want to set up? Let someone in the club know and we’ll see what we can do!
– President: Erin Hughes, Kolby Ziemendorf, Colin O’Brien
– Vice President: Eric Mallory, Dave Desmond
– Secretary: Eric Mallory, Sam Jortberg, Dave Desmond
– Treasurer: Adam Graham
– Propaganda Chair: Kolby and Catherine, Sam Jortberg, Brenna Mosher
– Gear Chair: Dave Desmond, Patrick Conlin, Paul Doerner, Kyle Stone, William Callanan
– Climbing Chair: Miles Miller, Emily Kott, Tom Twomey, Evan Bilsback
– Whitewater Chair: Eric Mallory, Evan Bilsback, Liam Harrison, Erin Hughes
– Canoe Chair: Erin Hughes, Kyle Stone, Will Callanan
– Caving Chair: Mitch Weimer, Will Callanan, Jared Carson
– Ski Chair: Colin O’Brien, Kyle Stone, Evan Tougas, Katie Dunn
Elections will happen two weeks from now and we will continue to take nominations for every position until that time.
TRIPS GOING OUT:
– Catherine and Kolby (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be climbing Mt. Marshall sometime this weekend, and if you’re looking to hike a snowy herd path up a mountain this weekend you are welcome to join them.
– Andrew Toman (email@example.com) will be hiking Redfield and Cliff Mountains on Saturday. Contact him if you’re looking to summit two High Peaks this weekend.
– Brett will be hiking this weekend, but he doesn’t have any room so good for him I guess!
– On Saturday Cocca (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Doug (email@example.com) will lead an Intro to Ice Climbing trip for no more than 10 people. Looks like there was a lot of interest at the meeting, so contact them to see if there’s any more room if you want to go.
– Colin (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be hitting up Higley Flow State Park to do some nordic skiing after telemark ski waxing is done. Email him if you want to join in.
That’s it, thanks for reading! Happy New Year!
Don’t Get Dead!