Here are the meeting minutes for January 29th:
– New Officers!
PRESIDENT: Kolby Ziemendorf & Catherine Marie
VICE-PRESIDENT: Erin Hughes
TREASURER: Adam Graham
SECRETARY: David Desmond (that’s me)
PROPAGANDA CHAIR: Sam Jortberg
GEAR CHAIR: Patrick Conlon & Paul Doerner
CLIMBING CHAIR: Miles Mallory & Tom Twomey
KAYAK CHAIR: Erin Hughes & Evan Bilsback
CANOE CHAIR: Sam Jortberg & Kyle Stone
CAVING CHAIR: Mitch Weimer
SKI CHAIR: Colin O’Brien & Evan Tougas
FISHING CHAIR: Jim Elmer and James King
NEW OFFICERS!! Please email me with your cell phone number and any contact info that you want the other officers to have!!
-Please return snowshoes, microspikes, and other outdoor gear as soon as you’re done with it. You can return it during gear hours on Friday from 3 to 4 PM, or you can talk to Patrick (email@example.com) or Paul (firstname.lastname@example.org).
– Winterfest will be held on Saturday, February 22nd at Seven Springs, the old Clarkson ski hill. You should go for the following reasons: – competitions with prizes – free food – snow! – ski jumps & the big air competition – music –fun! More information will be given out as we get closer to the day, but know that there are no conflicts with big ski club events.
– Anyone who wants to lead a freshmen pre-orientation trip – especially canoeing trips – needs to speak to Erin (email@example.com) or Brett (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP.
– Don Miller – an Adirondack guide, climber, and all-around awesome person – will be speaking at the Adirondack Lodge on Thursday, February 6 about his work and the Adirondacks. Everyone is encouraged to listen to what he and other American Alpine Club members have to say, and to enjoy some snacks during the talk.
– Spring Break trips: Will (email@example.com) will be climbing around Red River Gorge KY or New River Gorge WV, if you haven’t started climbing yet next week is your last chance to start! Otherwise let him know if you are interested. Doug (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be kayaking in North Carolina if he gets more participants soon. Let him know if you want in!
– Mixer with St Lawrence is in the works. More info to follow!
– Ideas about how to make the club better? Have an awesome trip you want to set up? Let someone in the club know and we’ll see what we can do!
TRIP OF THE WEEK:
Cocca’s trip to Azure!
TRIPS GOING OUT:
– Sam Jortberg (jortbesj@clarkson,edu) will be hiking and possibly snowboarding at Azure on Friday. If you can’t make Friday let him know because he is flexible!
– Will Leith (email@example.com) will be leading an intro to ice climbing trip at Azure on Saturday. This trip is full but if you signed up he is leaving around 8 AM.
-Brett Myers (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be hiking Whiteface and Esther on Saturday. If you’re crazy enough to join him he only has a few spots left open!
– Jeff Willsey (email@example.com) will be looking to makes some turns on the slides of Wright or Lower Wolfjaw. This trip is closed but sounds like a blast.
– Colin O’Brien (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be heading to Snowridge in VT to get some powder skiing in on Friday evening. He only has one seat left to contact him and get more info if you want to go!
That’s it, thanks for reading! Get out and do stuff!
Don’t Get Dead!